Often, we all find the need to share the content we own legally without infringing copyright issues and promoting piracy. MakeMKV is a one-step solution for converting videos from the inventory you own into a set of MKV files that restores the original content in every manner and still make it a free format that can be played anywhere without issues. It is used to decrypt videos and convert them into un-encrypted files in MKV format. This format can save multiple audio and video tracks and preserve all the meta-information in the same file.
There are some basic set of features and some distinct ones tailored to specific requirements and customizations. MakeMKV is basically a transcoder that helps convert video clips into a freely distributable format.
- It can stream decrypted videos instantly in various formats without the need of intermediate conversions, which allows you to play DVDs on your favorite OS, using your favorite player and your device.
- It can even decrypt and read from BluRay Discs and DVDs protected with the latest signatures such as AACS and BD+. Not just that, but it also preserves all the video and audio tracks including the HD tracks as well.
- It preserves a lot meta-information, including the chapters, track language, track type, audio properties and much more. This is useful for many customers and MakeMKV succeeds in delivering it at ease.
MakeMKV is one of the few products in the market that provides least intrusion for users as you do not need to install any third party codecs for the conversion, decryption and can use it as such after the installation. It also preserves the same style and efficiency and is available for all the three major platforms, that is, Windows, Mac and Linux.
- The conversion is super-fast and is in coherence harmony with the speed of data access and retrieval of your hard disk and storage devices, which means that it is almost instant and is tightly coded from the root.
This makes it hassle free and more user-friendly.
The current release offers MakeMKV 1.9.8 with added support for latest AACs and BD+ versions. It is compatible with both 32 and 64 bit machines running Windows XP and later or Mac OS X 10.6 or later. The Windows version weighs about 7MB in size.
MakeMKV seems to be one of the best solutions for converting self-owned media for distribution.
Changes on the new version:
- Added support for AACS v62
- Improved support for BD-Java discs
- Small user interface improvements
- The 3D left/right MVC view information was not preserved correctly when creating 3D MKV file
MakeMKV Reviews (Add your review!)
Add your review!